Moldovan Citizenship application process. Application processes especially when dealing with bureaucratic and legal processes are usually difficult to understand. We try to explain the application process for the Moldovan Citizenship by Investment Program as simply as possible. During the entire application process, our experienced consultants will be happy to help and advise you at any time. The Moldova Citizenship Program is open to apply for all interested applicants. Even stateless persons can participate in this program. The application process is divided into the following five points.
Through the MCBI program, successful candidates can gain Moldovan citizenship within a period of approximately 90 days, provided that the due diligence process can be completed without any hurdles. The key stages of the application process are outlined in detail below.
1. Submission of the specified government forms and the required personal documentation, including passport copies, birth certificates, and police certificates confirming that applicants have no criminal record. Furthermore, at this point in the application process, a non-refundable fee for due diligence and the advisor and lawyer fee is charged.
2. Initiation of extensive due diligence processes.
3. Verification of all the information provided and the sources of all funds.
4. Announcement of the application decision.
5. Fulfilment of outstanding financial obligations and collection of biometric data at a consulate or embassy.
6. Issuance of the passport. Now you are official citizen of Moldova.
The Moldova CBI program boasts a highly streamlined application process and applies the world’s strictest and most advanced due diligence and vetting system. Below is a detailed mapping of the client’s due diligence and approval journey.
1. Once the application pack has been finalized and all the necessary supporting documents furnished — including proof of payment of the initial fees (government fees, due diligence fees, and passport fees) — the application is submitted to the Government. The police certificate may be submitted, by agreement, at a later date.
2. The pack is received by the Government and checked for completion.
3. Once accepted, a reference number is assigned, a letter of acknowledgement is issued, and the application review process commences.
4. The four-tier due diligence process consists of:
- Tier 1: Public database searches (including sanctions databases)
- Tier 2: Public searches
- Tier 3: Background verification checks, conducted by contracted third-party specialist agencies
- Tier 4: Government checks conducted by the Centrul Național Anticorupție (National Anti-Corruption Centre), the Biroul Migrație și Azil (Bureau for Migration and Asylum), and the Security and Intelligence Service, among others.
5. The culmination of the completion of the due diligence tiers is the presentation of a recommendation to the Government.
6. The recommendation is considered by the Government, and in the case of approval in principle, a letter is issued, instructing the applicant to fulfill the financial obligations of the program by transferring the final balance (contribution and fees) of the required funds to the designated account.
7. Upon demonstration of the fulfillment of the financial obligations, the application is transferred to the office of the President of the Republic of Moldova for the final granting of citizenship by decree.
8. The applicant is invited to an approved venue (consulate, embassy, or equivalent) to provide the required biometric data and swear an oath of allegiance.
9. The Government coordinates the issuance and release of the citizenship documents, including the passport, and the application is deemed complete.
Before an application is submitted to the government, all the relevant information provided (including the background of the applicant and any dependents) will be verified by one or more specialized due diligence service providers. Furthermore, the specific fees must have been received, and the source of all funds must have been verified. Moldova has developed a four-tier due diligence system, which is considered the most thorough in the world.